Job Title: Senior Network Administrator
Location: Lufkin, Texas
Length of Contract: Direct
Years of Experience: 5-10 years of experience
Strong Network Administration experience
Cisco experience with routers and switches
Exchange experience with High Availability
Job responsibilities include:
- Monitor, analyze and resolve network outage and performance issues in a timely manner.
- Work with and monitor provider’s resolution on provider-related issues.
- Monitor, analyze and resolve network security issues in a timely manner.
- Administer firewalls, routers and switches.
- Administer VPN devices and tunnels for assigned locations.
- Perform change management according to company procedures.
- Provide level-3 and hands-on backup support for LAN infrastructures as needed.
- Provide level-3 and hands-on backup support for VoIP infrastructure as needed.
- Provide level-3 and hands-on backup support for MSP field engineers as needed.
- Resolve end-user data / voice network and security issues.
- Maintain hosting network (hosted VoIP, email, dns, web and database).
- Maintain backups and disaster recovery for the company and clients.
- Maintain ISP network (wireless and fiber based).
- Maintain network documentation.
- Maintain network monitoring alerts and utilization reports.
- Maintain physical and virtual infrastructure (VM-Ware and Hyper-V).
- Assist with development and maintenance of security policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations on enhancements to the network infrastructure and services to improve reliability and performance, reduce cost and support company growth.
- Actively participate with peers and IT management to determine short and long-term technology strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining firewalls, routers and switches.
- Knowledge and experience with network protocols and concepts including: SSH, FTP, ICMP, TCP/IP (v4 and v6), NAT, SNMP, IPSec, SIP, QoS and VLAN.
- Ability to interpret output from network traffic analysis tools.
- High standards for ethics and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to provide 24×7 on-call, incident alert support and work hours during night or weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to prioritize work and projects effectively and under pressure.
Additional desired skills and knowledge:
- Windows Server, Active Directory, VM-Ware, SAN and other system administration experience.
- An understanding of MS Security (desktop and server OS) with some hands-on management of Active Directory, LDAP and Radius.
- Hands-on experience designing, installing, and troubleshooting cabling and wiring systems.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Education: Graduate Degree or Experience
Experience: 5 to 10 years